Production Manager – Johor, Malaysia
GlycosBio is expanding internationally into Malaysia. Recently commissioned by the Malaysian Government for the development of biotechnology in Malaysia, GlycosBio has partnered with Malaysian Bio-Xcell Sdn. Bhd. to build an isoprene plant from Glycerol, PFAD and other feedstocks, at Bio-XCell, a dedicated biotechnology park in Johor, Malaysia. Construction of the commercial plant will be completed in early 2014 and the plant will be operating in the mid of 2014.
GlycosBio is seeking talented individuals with the right qualifications interested in joining a dynamic company with an ambitious growth plan. Initial assignment will be in EPCC office in Kuala Lumpur for 9 – 12 months followed by relocation to jobsite.
- Responsible for managing Operations and Maintenance Department for grassroots biochemical plant located in Nusajaya, Johor, Malaysia.
- Review EPCC contractor design packages for producing isoprene from glycerol, PFAD and other feedstocks.
- Develop commissioning, start-up procedures, operating manuals, and operator training program.
- Develop health, environmental, and safety procedures and ensure compliance.
- Maintain the most efficient production levels possible and optimize product run time.
- At least BEng/B.Sc in chemical Engineering or Biotechnical Engineering.
- Knowledge of microbiology and fermentation technology desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in biofuel/chemical plant operation.
- Demonstrated people management and development skills.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Interested candidates should fill out and submit the following information: